How to Make a Referral
If you are concerned about a child in Norfolk and want to speak to someone, please contact the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0344 800 8020.
If you are a professional and would like to make a referral, please complete the NSCB1 form below.
- NSCB1 – Referral Form (Revised Nov 2015)
- NSCB1 Guidance notes for Referrers
- Clear contact details: Please ensure that you include a contact number as well as the name of your agency on the NSCB1 so the MASH team can keep you informed of the outcomes of the referral. Wherever possible, please include an alternative number to ensure that we can make contact in the event that the referrer is unavailable.
- Consent: Please can you ensure you seek consent for the referrals unless the concerns being raised suggest that the child/children would be placed at risk of significant harm if the parents/carers are informed. Reasons for not seeking consent should be clearly stated on the NSCB1.
- Multi-Agency Child Protection Conference Report Form – revised August 2017
- Guidance Notes for Multi-Agency Conference Report
- Professionals Briefing – Child Protection Conferences (Signs of Safety Implementation)
- Professionals Views and Parents Views Decision Form
- Core Group Meeting Recording Template
- LADO Consultation and Referral Guidance
- LADO Referral/Consultation Form
- LADO Leaflet – A guide to managing allegations against adults working/volunteering with children and young people
Notice to Referrers:
Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) Referrals
If you have concerns about an adult working with a child under the age of 18 that you would like to report, please see the LADO Guidance and consultation documents below.
Completed LADO referral forms can also be posted to:
1 Norwich Business Park
Alternatively please see the Norfolk County Council Compliments and Complaints pages.