Aspirations Fund support grants available for young carers
15th April 2020
Caring Together are pleased to be able to offer support grants available of up to a maximum of £100 to young carers/young adult carers (with priority being given to those aged 16-25), from across Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and Norfolk.
The Aspirations Fund has been launched with the aim of increasing access to employment, education, training opportunities and helping provide support for mental health.
Support grants can go towards paying for things such as:
- Access to additional educational related resources/equipment
- Buying resources to help support your emotional wellbeing
- Tuition which will support your education
- Costs associated with sports/recreational activities which will support your emotional wellbeing (e.g. entrance fees, transport costs, etc.)
- Access to mental health support
- Support to better manage mental health (e.g. wellbeing activities, supportive wellbeing technology like headphones and wellbeing apps etc).
Decisions will be made by a panel of young adult carers and Caring Together staff on what will make the most difference given the money available. All applications will be assessed alongside each other.
The launch of our Aspirations Fund, follows on from the success of our young carer support grants in 2019. The Fund has been made possible thanks to funding from the Pears Foundation, provided by Carers Trust to Caring Together.
From our previous 2019 young carer grant scheme, a parent of grant recipients has praised the support:
“My daughters received a grant to purchase a laptop to enable them to do homework and access work online for school.
Due to schools currently being closed, the laptop we purchased has been an absolute lifeline. It is enabling both the girls to be able to keep up with the work being set. Without the laptop, their anxiety levels would have been through the roof, as work is being set daily and they wouldn’t have the resources to access all the educational sites that they need to complete the work.
We were all so grateful for the grant when we received it, but even more so now. Caring Together have made it possible for the girls to able to do the things that any other child can do at this difficult time”.
Click here to read key information about the fund.
Deadline for applications is Thursday 23 April 2020, 12 noon.